TOC mockups

 


This is one of the mockups made for my TOC. The first step to my process was finding a layout. I used a template from the website Canva and changed a lot of things around. The pictures I used, I tried making them merge kind of into each other for a cooler effect. I also did that to be a little more artistic and make it a little trippy. The color scheme is a maroon on black scheme through out, the maroon was chose because of the jersey scheme. The pants being maroon helps keep the TOC in one color scheme and not a whole bunch. My plans for this mockup was for it to be simple and that is what I got. When first creating the mockup I was not really sure what I was going for. I wanted something more visually appealing, so When putting the pictures in the picture was on the middle right side, creeping behind some of the words. Then I kept it like that for a little bit, while trying to figure out how I wanted the font sizes to look like and where I truly wanted them. The font sizes were the most things I played around with other than my pictures. I adjusted so its a little more big and easier to read but the problem was how big should I adjust it. While doing this I realized that the key is to make it simple. Most sports magazines have some simple covers while others go wild. For mine I wanted simple because TOCS are not supposed to really make or break your magazine, they get to the point of what is going to be in the magazine. If a TOC is too colorful and messy, then its harder to understand and process and also ruins the idea of what a TOC is supposed to do. If you were to say a person picked up a magazine and they read the TOC and its simple and gives a good idea and glimpse of what the magazine is mainly about then you have a significantly higher chance that the person will actually read the whole magazine. I adjusted the numbers of pages, which was a little challenging because of the thinness of the box allowed to edit them. After playing around with it I adjusted both of the content boxes and page number to a size that was good and clean. After doing that I decided to change the color of the left side numbers and I did this by clicking on the numbers, highlighting them, changing the color and I changed the color by searching in the color maroon. I chose a maroon option that was layered or something. I liked that color at the time and thought that it gave off an simple sophisticated tone and also similar to the football pants. After doing this, I moved the pictures to the top of the page and moved them together to the place they are right now. Changed the font for the title a couple times to test a different fonts out. Most of the fonts looked tacky and unprofessional and so I changed it back to the original font. The color of the title was just a basic maroon and so I changed all of the colors to maroon because it popped out more and matched the pants better. After getting all the adjustments in  place, this is when I did my TOC topics and brief descriptions. Most of the topics were from the blog previously and my descriptions were made up on the spot from background knowledge of the topic. 

Comments

Popular Posts