Mockups

 




The first mockup I did was a picture of a Kobe jersey that I took and edited. To first make this mock up I used the editing software canva to help make the cover. The first thing I did was try and figure out many different types of titles and texts would fit my title for my specific genre. I tried out the font "sports world" for my masthead but it did not really fit the picture as much as I wanted. I took it out and kept searching for the font that would fit my masthead the best and I came across "bungee shade" which looked good but then when putting it in my background and the color of the bungee shade did not correlate how I liked. A similar font to bungee shade named "bungee shade" is what I tired and I liked how it looked because it matched my theme and looked good.  This is where I used the font and typed the words in "masthead" as a filler for the moment. I had to create a main cover line and I also needed to font for that but this time I had a cursive theme in mind because I wanted to make the cover like a tribute to Kobe kind of. I decided to look through the font combinations that canva had an I kept scrolling through till I found something similar to a cursive font that would match the respectful theme I was going for. As I was scrolling I came across one that I had liked but I still looked through a bit more to see if anything else that would match was there and then I went back to the one that I had initially seen. This is the one that I kept throughout. I deleted what was initially there and wrote "the legacy of Kobe Bryant "mamba out"" I wrote this because it was what I was going for and its a main cover line that would make sense. Right under the main cover line you can see a date which I put for the day that Kobe Bryant died. I got the font for the date like I did for the main cover line, by looking through font combinations and soon as I found the one I liked I just used it. I erased what the font was preset to and put the date and moved it right under the main cover line because it flowed well there. My next step was to have another cover line, I once again looked through the font combinations for a font that would look good and I chose the one I chose because of how it had a magazine type of tone to it. I put in the font combination and deleted what the preset said and then wrote what is right next to the number 8 but at first I wrote that Kobe was a laker legend and a legend but then I changed that because it did not make much sense and it seemed a little repetitive. So I took out the second part and said that he was one  of the greatest inspirations in basketball. Then I moved the  text down a little bit because there was too many letter and I also stretched the box to the right. The barcode was the next step I added and I moved it to the bottom right because usually that's where most barcodes go. Overall I made this a simple cover because of the vibe, I did not want to clutter it too much with so many cover lines.

This is the second mockup I did. The first thing I did with this mockup was insert an image that I also had edited before. For this cover, my first step was to find the masthead but I wanted a more sporty magazine vibe. I looked up sports in the font search in canva and the font "sports world" is what I used and then when putting the text in I just put masthead as my masthead because I didn't have a set masthead name. I center aligned it to the top but then I tried putting it a little over the ball but moving the text down but it did not look the best because most of my cover lines would have to be close together if I put the masthead in the middle. I decided I should add a selling line as well, so I looked through the font combinations and found one that would look clean, bold, but still simple and it was "racing sans one". I added it and put selling line and put it right under the masthead. The next cover line was also one that I found from font combinations that looked like it was good enough and fit a sports magazine. I put it and moved it to some empty space in the top left because I needed to spread the cover lines out. The main cover line is also from font combinations and I chose the color because it was one of the suggested colors and it flowed pretty well> I chose the main coverline because I wanted to be similar to my main image and I put it where it was so that it came off bold. 

Comments

Popular Posts